Teaching my kids to read has been one of the most rewarding experiences of homeschooling (and my life)! There’s just nothing like hearing your sweet babies read their first words and watching them grow as readers! When I decided to homeschool 15 years ago, the very first thing I purchased was a phonics curriculum! My goal was to give my kids a great foundation in reading, and so finding an effective phonics program was one of my top priorities! I’m guessing it’s your goal too! After teaching 4 of my children to read, I decided to take the best of what I’d learned in my experiences homeschooling and teaching 2nd grade to create a phonics curriculum tailor-made for homeschool moms! Ready for Reading: Level 1 has everything you need to start teaching reading at home!
Why Choose Ready for Reading?
Ready for Reading gives you fun, flexible, and engaging tools to teach your 4-6 year old child reading at home!
- It is Straightforward–I like to learn a system or method, and then have an easy way to keep it organized! Many curriculums are written so that every word is scripted to the parent–which I find a bit cumbersome! Ready for Reading will teach you a simple and systematic method for teaching phonics. Then each week lesson plans are presented on a single page!
- Hands-On–loaded with ideas for making phonics fun and interactive!
- Organized–the digital download is hyperlinked so that you can easily get to the exact section you need! Print everything or only print consumable worksheets, games, and readers as you need them!
- Value–your family can print to your heart’s content (in both color or black/white)! Which is great for all those times someone needs an extra page (I have a few perfectionist children…) OR when a little sibling wants to join in OR when your next child is ready to learn to read!
- Systematic–letters are introduced in a particular order to facilitate reading.
- Assessment Forms–keep track of your child’s learning and growth!
- Expert Tips–helpful teaching tips are shared throughout the curriculum!
- Games–ideas for fun, engaging games, plus 8 printable games are included!
- Readers–10 leveled readers help your child build confidence as a reader!
- Plus so much more…worksheets, flashcards, alphabet strips, thematic units…250+ total pages.
Is This a Good Fit for My Child?
The recommended age is 4-6 years old. (I’m so excited to begin using it with my twin 4-year-old daughters in the next few months!)
The course objectives are…
- Recognize and name all letters of the alphabet.
- Recognize initial consonant and short vowel sounds for all 26 letters of the alphabet.
- Begin reading words with short vowel letter patterns.
- Begin reading words with consonant blends.
- Master 20 sight words. (100 Sight Word Flashcards are included!)
The Start of a Special Journey!
Homeschooling is an amazing journey! I’m so excited to help your family get started on an adventurous path of learning and reading! Please always feel free to ask questions–I’m here for you, and it’s a joy to help any way that I can!